It's been a couple of weeks on vacation with my mother and family. If I could count the number of times people have told me that I need to have another baby, I wouldn't want to. It's seriously bothersome to have the same thing told to me and my voice not being heard. I feel that way about most of what I believe in. Christ, bodily integrity,children's safety in vehicles and everywhere, love, and most of all- life. I get sick to my stomach to see the things that I am so passionate for... just get shot down because others think my views are bogus.. or, and I'm quoting, "not realistic obligations."
It is an almost constant basis that I get ridiculed for my parenting styles or views. My father thinks that I am worrying and standing up for things that do not matter and should be more passionate about being a Fisher of Men. I understand part of his logic and point, but how does he know everything that I am passionate about being thousands of miles away in mind and physical location?
Body integrity starts with one person. When a miraculous thing happens and an ovum is fertilized by a sperm, there develops and becomes a life. That life is sharing the same body, nourishment, and love as his mother. People who support a women's right to choose to abort that life say that it's her body and her right to do so... Is it HER body that she is expelling? Many people have different views on what abortion really is. There are VERY many different cases. If you have an ectopic pregnancy and you will die if the pregnancy is not terminated, is that an abortion? This brings tons of angst and fear to me. If you know that your child will be born without a vital organ and most likely will not survive life outside of the womb, would you take the chance to try away from her?
When a boy is born with a healthy pulse, secure latch to the breast, and alert loving stare into your eyes, isn't he perfect? Some people say that their son is perfect... and then hours later, sign to get part of him that is fully functioning and crucial to his own body ripped from the glans that it's fused to, clamped, and sliced... I cannot fathom how they thought their son was/is perfect. I must not have thought my son was perfect because I took that decision away from him as well. I was very uneducated as a young, new mother. I have come to terms with it, will pray that he doesn't resent me or become angry for it, and pray that he learns from the mistake that I made. I wish that I had known. I want to tell each and every mother and father that has researched after reading my posts, comments, and having conversations and chose not to cut their perfect little boy that you are saving thousands of boys from death caused by a COSMETIC procedure that is not even backed by the AAP anymore. Thank you for saving those boys who will take care of our future.
When I talk about children, my love for them, and their rights, I get ridiculed for only wanting one child. "He needs a playmate," they say. Well, I am his playmate and will be until he doesn't want me to be. I teach him morals, manners, numbers, shapes, life lessons, love, and character. He knows that I care for him, knows that I nurture him, and will know when he's grown and ready to begin his own family. Discipline is a vital part in our relationship. I believe that explaining to him what he is doing wrong is a better choice then just yelling at him over and over again about what he's doing.
I also take extreme care when his safety is concerned. If he had not outgrown the height of his maximum requirements to rear face in the car seat that he has now, he'd still be rear facing in it. Since he is forward facing, I make sure to take extra care and notice to his straps, chest clip placement, secure fasten and latch of the seat, and to make him as comfortable as possible. Making sure that your child is safe when you can help it is crucial. If not, you might as well just have him in the seat back there with no restraint at all. I love my son, and if being a helicopter parent keeps him safe and feeling loved... I'll definitely take that over being negligent and abusive ANY DAY. Wouldn't you?
I would rather regret LOVING my son too much... than leaving him to believe that I didn't love him enough...
No comments:
Post a Comment